I decided that I should introduce my dad to the complicated all-grain brewing process on Sunday. It’s not that it’s complicated but time consuming. One of those things where you should plan several hours to produce a beer and clean up. Point is the amount of time you put into producing a beer doesn’t mean it will always come out correctly.
To put it bluntly I missed my original gravity. Not by a little but a lot. This may not be a big deal to most but to me it means that my beer will not come out the way it was intended. I was making a clone beer and had directions to follow. I sort of did that but errored in one place. Apparently that cost me. If that is not the main cause then I’m not really sure what happened but I’m hoping that it won’t happen again. I don’t like when things go bad involving beer.
Good news though. The smoked maple amber ale that Dustin and I produced over Christmas finally carbonated. The coffee stout though, is still being stubborn. At least it feels good to finally drink one of the beers I made.