Here we go…

The dust seems to be settling about the inital shock of yesterday’s Goose Island buyout. Well I guess more like 58% of ownership. The other 42% belongs to the Craft Beer Alliance (Widmer, Red Hook, and Kona). Well at least we know part of Goose Island will still be free of AB’s grasp…..wait what’s this? Oh they decided to sell their 42% shares to AB?!? So Goose Island is now 100% owned by AB. Great. Now I really don’t know how to feel. I like quality in my beer but even if nothing changes at Goose Island I keep hearing in my head “Here we go.” And yes that is said just the way it is in all the Bud Light commericals. Pretty waitress hands a Honker’s Ale to a bunch of guys and says “Here we go,” as they stare at her as she walks off and they repeat “Here we go.” I wonder if AB will spend the money to create an Afflac like duck to sell Goose Island in advertisements?

Good news though. The Goose Island brewpubs will still be owned by John Hall. Whatever that’s going to mean.

Moving on. In archaeology news they still have no idea who the first civilization was that created beer and when.

Finally saw this Do-it-yourself automated home brew setup. Looks like I need to figure out how to do this. Good thing I married into a family of engineers.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s